Friday, September 28, 2007

Paris, Seulement

The last several days I have spent mostly alone, with the occasional call from my mutha. I really started to feel like an expatriate in a foreign country because some of the newness had worn off and because all the teachers had gone back to work. So, I was left to fend for myself. Basically, everyday, I would go into Paris, walk around for a while and get lost. I went to book stores, clothing stores, cafes and even got lost in the red light district. It was during period when even the slightest fleeting conversation from anyone was quite welcomed.
Every other day or so, I go to this fruit stand that is outside my train station. The guy who serves me is in his late 20's, so not much older than me. He was quite friendly the first day I bought some peaches and bananas from him. When I am came by the second day he said a friendly hello and how are you (in french of course) but I was so elated that I recognized someone and they recognized me! This was the first time in days I had seen anyone that I knew in even the remotest of ways.

No comments: