Friday, September 28, 2007

Autre Assistants

I was pleased the today to receive some emails from the other assistants in the Ile-de-France. They had decided to meet at the fountain at St. Michel. Little did I realize, they had actually meant Thursday and not Wednesday. However, I went to the fountain anyway, and was pleased to meet another assistant who just as confused as I was. Her name is Elizabeth. We waited in the rain for about 30 minutes waiting for other assistants who of course never came. So, we went and had a coffee. We both had a fair amount in common growing up in Christian homes, attending small Christian liberal arts colleges and both loving France! We had some good conversation over coffee, and then decided we were both hungry so we went looking for a place to eat.
We found this warm cozy Irish pub on a little side street. It was rainy and cold and we were looking for something warm. So, in the spirit of finding something warm, I ordered this delicious Irish stew and washed it down with an extremely smooth and well poured Guinness. I couldn't have been more content. A nice girl sitting a cross from me and my belly full of stew and Guinness. (At some point in our conversation she dropped a hint that she had a boyfriend, but I was ignoring that for the time being because the situation was all too perfect except for that little tidbit).
We both decided that we were going to go to church together, so I am glad to find someone to go with, even if she is already taken.
Last night, the actual night everybody was supposed to meet up, Elizabeth and I finally met some other assistants. There were about 20 of us who met at the fountain and then went to another Irish Pub and then a Sangria bar after that. It was nice to meet the other assistants, but I am not sure how many of them I would hang out with on a regular basis. None of the guys were all that interesting and mostly they were just bragging about this and that or the other. A couple of guys and I talked about classical literature and the state of our government, but I wouldn't really hang out with them for fun. I do enjoy Elizabeth's company, so I imagine that we have the possibility of being friends.

2 comments:

JamieKayKim said...

Salut. Je pense que si j'étais là-bas, je n'aimerais pas être seulement. Qu'une histoire romantique de réunion avec l'autre assistante. Trop mauvais elle est prise. Penser que vous avez un chance avec Mariam? Bon chance mon frere!

Christcentered said...

Glad to hear you're getting around alright and meeting beautiful women along the way! As soon as I finally settle down in LA I will send you my address; I'd like for you to send me a postcard. Quick update: I may be promoted to ASM at my store (that'd really help out financially), and I'm going to be in St.L Nov. 3-18. Let me know if you hear anything about Princeton, and when you may return to the states.
Take care of yourself, man!